OSSB Parent Mentor
The goal of the OSSB Parent Mentor is to:
- Act as a liaison between families and schools and facilitate positive family/school partnerships.
- Provide support for the families of children currently enrolled at the Ohio State School for the Blind and those being served in their home school districts.
- Answer families' and educators' questions, listen to their concerns, and help mediate resolutions to problems.
- Translate special education policies and procedures into understandable language for families.
- Help families and educators identify and access community resources, agencies and services.
- Provide in-service training to families and educators.
- Upon the request of either families or educators, help develop Individualized Education Plans and attend related meetings.
- Serve as a resource clearinghouse, referral center, and network facilitator for families and educators of children who are blind and visually impaired.
For more information about OSSB's Parent Mentor Organization please contact:
Lauri Kaplan, Parent Mentor
Parent Mentor Program
614-728-1567 or 800-310-3317